“The dietitian consulting services are unparalleled! We love our Consulting Dietitian services through Health Technologies. Even though our dietitian is just one person, she has the support of the entire Health Technologies team.”
–Mary, Administrator from Kansas City, MO
Health Technologies employs qualified Registered Dietitians across the country to serve in healthcare communities. Consulting Dietitians assess and monitor the nutritional needs of residents assuring the highest nutritional standards. Health Technologies consulting dietitians are supported by extensive training and resources in order to provide superior service to both the resident as well as the care team within the community.
Activities of the Consulting Dietitian may include, but are not limited to:
- Documentation of clinical nutritional care in the medical record
- Participation in the community MDS process and the interdisciplinary plan of care
- Nutrition education for residents and families
- Develop, modify, or approve and make requested changes to facility menu
- Observation, evaluation, and support for the dining service program including safety and sanitation standards
- Offer oversight and monitoring of food preparation, service, and storage
- Provide input and monitoring related to the dining service budget
- Serve as preceptor for the Association of Food Service Professionals (ANFP) Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) program
- Ensure regulatory compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations
Additional Consulting Services
On-call dietitian support is available to handle questions or requests from facility staff between visits. Typical support includes: answering questions about a resident’s plan of care, assisting in tube feeding calculations, assistance with menu changes, replacing a recipe, faxing, or emailing a policy or form or assisting in response to a survey. Click Here for On-Call Dietitian Support
Faxed, scanned, or electronic nutritional assessment can be completed by the on-call dietitian within 24 hours for new admits or high risk residents.
Short-Term or intermittent dietitian consulting is available for communities needing partial consulting services.
Interested in becoming an RD? Click here to learn more.