Take a bite out of IDDSI!
It's here - IDDSI
- The International Dysphagia Diet Standardization Initiative (IDDSI) created global standardized terminology and definitions for texture-modified foods and thickened liquids
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association jointly supported IDDSI on May 1, 2019
- Beginning October 2021, IDDSI will be the only texture-modified diet recognized by NCM® (Nutrition Care Manual)
Getting started with IDDSI does not have to difficult... start with a Fork and Spoon!
- Familiarize yourself with the testing methods
- Download the audit worksheets from IDDSI.org
- Most testing methods require a fork, spoon, or oral syringe
Learning a new language can be challenging
- Reward yourself and your teammates for using new terms
Doing away with food lists
- IDDSI allows for almost any food to be modified to a safe texture
- Testing methods allow for verification of texture and viscosity for safety
- Concerned about bread? Even bread should be modified! Watch this video on how to prepare a Minced and Moist sandwich
Need help with your menu? DiningRD has the menu resources you need!
Ask a menu support specialist for more information about adding the IDDSI diets to your menu program.
Call: 800-544-3059 (Option 1 - Menu Department)
Not a customer yet? No problem! Let us show you IDDSI in the Dining Manager menu program with a free software demo. Click here to schedule your demo!